Sunday, September 28, 2008

Almost Home

For those of you following our Twitter you've seen that we have secured a home. We can see it from the Bed & Breakfast we've been staying at which means it's right at the heart of town. The bottom floor is a commercial space that is currently empty and will be rented (we assume) as a small shop of some sort. We will be living on the second floor and the window on the third floor is our loft. It is very cute and we will have more photos up once we're in. This is a huge relief for us.



This morning we tried to go to church but recieved a call on the way there that the B&B had to move us to a different room. Apparently this whole booking on line thing is very difficult for them.

Since we gave you a glimpse of the pink paradise we were staying in, we decided to show you a little more of how um... amazing this place is.


I know you are all jealous of the wallpaper.


To rest our eyes we went to see Gettysburg which is about 45 miles away.


I found the gift shop particularly amusing. Please note the Abraham Lincoln head on a stick.


Unbeknownst to us, the Eisenhower residence is within the grounds of Gettysburg. Here is Kelly in front of their house.


The home was used up until Mrs. Eisenhower passed away in 1979.


Tomorrow is my orientation day at Sight and Sound. Poor Kelly is stuck here at the bed and breakfast. She says she'll be reading and trying to relax. The move has been hardest on her so please keep her in your prayers. Daily I hear the phrase "I want to go home" and I'm hoping that we'll be able to make our stay in Strasburg home. Kelly says not to hold your breath on that one.

So now we're in a less wallpapered room and can't wait to get into the new place. This room is... flowery... and pink. I'm sure we'll get some pictures up soon.

Keep checking in and give us some comment love!

5 comments:

Morrissette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morrissette said...

Your new place looks cool from the outside! Can't wait to see the pics of the inside. Good Luck tomorrow. Love you guys!

Jess said...

I just wanted to say Welcome to Strasburg! I was searching across blogs from here and came across yours and realized that you are about a block and a half away from me!! Hope you enjoy it here!
Jessica Hostetter

Chrissy said...

I love your commentary and will continue to love keeping up to date with this blog! I love both of you and already miss you guys!! You better give me a holler next time you are in the OC cause we'll have to hit up El Matador and maybe the goat... :)

Bridgette CIAJ said...

Kelly... you are a big girl and you can do this! You just need to give yourself some time to settle in and find the things you love about your new home.

Change is always hard, but it's often good! Work on embracing the wonders of a new life and a new start. You have an amazing hubby who loves you to pieces and a wonderful mind an look -- I see somebody there already wants to be your friend. I almost got teary eyed seeing that (or was that an eyelash?).

Huge hugs to you. I'm sure you'll need an extra bedroom for all the guests you have over the years!!!

Bridge :)