Sunday, September 14, 2008

Final Days at Disneyland



My final day at "The Happiest Place on Earth" will be this Thursday. On Monday, Kelly and I went in to Disneyland for a final hurrah. I thought it was going to be really sad but it ended up being ok. I was talking with Keith Stievo (he is an amazing guy who is another Entertainment Manager and will be retiring this December) and we talked about how it isn't the paint and the rides and the show that we miss but the people we work with and the relationships we have with people.

Last night Kelly, her Dad Mike, I went into the park and watched the fireworks from the center of Main Street USA. I also thought that would be a sadder moment as Disneyland fireworks are simply amazing and can really hit you in the heart with the emotion of it all. Again, everything was ok. As I went to get the car, to pick up Mike and Kelly, I ran into Tinkerbell who had just flown over Sleeping Beauty's castle (hey there might be kids reading :P & it really was her, so there). She called out my name and came up to say goodbye, gave a hug, and thanked me for the great time she had working with me. The people (and fairies, dogs, mice, and other assorted critters) are truly the ones who make Disneyland the "Show" that it truly is.

Now that I'm leaving I think Kelly and I might actually become Disney nerds. I have learned how to make magic there and I think part of that process is being able to pull back from it all and see how it really is put together. Its an amazing process in and of itself and one that I will not forget. The quality, care, attention, and high-demand of the place puts out an amazing product. The only thing that could take me away from there is God's plan and I truly think we're heading out on that great road to follow it.


1 comment:

Janey said...

I couldn't agree with you more. And I have to say that Rustin and I wouldn't have ever left had it not been for a bigger plan also. Good luck with all of your endeavors. And congrats on the marriage!