After we cleared most of the car out we decided to get some food into our fridge, we've had enough Kentucky Fried Chicken to last a lifetime. We headed to the local Costco, yes I said Costco. No I'm not lying... Where do you think we live, Amish Country?
Costco is only 7 miles away which is a 15 minute drive unless you get stuck behind an Amish buggy and then it's like an hour away. That happens often... the Amish buggy in front of you, not the going to Costco. Some notes on Amish Country Costco:
- English Hothouse Cucumbers are 1/3 cheaper than the OC.
- There are SO avocados outside of California! We were very happy.
- Edamame is almost unheard of in this state but we found some, unfortunately they're double the price from the OC.
- The Amish-land liquor section of Costco fits all on one shelf as opposed to the 2 aisles in the OC.
- Snow gear is sold... what's that?
- No one was shopping in heels and/or tight jeans.
My boss Jack and a few co-workers came to help us move the few heavy things that we brought with us up the stairs. We've got a few more boxes to unpack, a sofa and dresser to buy and we should have a pretty great home!
To celebrate moving day, Kelly and I treated ourselves to some treats at the local Creamery.
I had a fresh strawberry and brownie sundae... and part of Kelly's ice cream cone. They serve such huge scoops of homemade ice cream that she couldn't finish.
But if you know Kelly, you know that she can drink a lot of water. Cute fountain!
Well, that's it for today! We're heading back home to keep on unpacking and settling in. We'll post more pictures of our cute new place tomorrow....and stay tuned for the parade on Saturday. That promises to be a day of fun and some pretty amazing pictures.