Friday, September 19, 2008

Saying Goodbye is Hard

Thursday before we left we were blessed by the gathering of our closest friends who just stopped by to say goodbye one last time. We are lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives and it was heartbreaking to watch them leave our home one last time. But for me, Friday morning was the worst part. I've seen my Daddy cry three times in his life and my leaving was one of them. I will miss my parents more than anybody I think and I never want to experience the look of heartbreak and loss on their faces, as we drove away, again. Today was a day of tears and sadness and though I know there is a great adventure ahead of me, and God's greater plan is at hand, I can't help but want to go home and hug my Mommy and Daddy and tell them I'll never leave. Today's been rough.

No comments: