Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home, Sweet Home...




So, I realized that several months ago (has it been that long!?!) we posted some photos of our darling new apartment as it was: An empty space that was just waiting for us to move in and make it a home. There have been a few changes to our knotty-pine crested abode and we thought we'd take a moment to show you what we've done with the place.

Here is our living room. It has a built in bookshelf that holds many, but not quite all, of my books so we concerted our green antique bookshelf into a china cabinet. I love being able to display our pretty wedding china!


Don't you just LOVE the ceiling? This is my favorite room in the house.


My second favorite room - the kitchen! You all know how much I love to cook, so I'm in here a lot. It makes me happy to have plenty of pictures of friends and family on the walls and secured to the refrigerator with cute magnets. I am looking forward to finding a permanent home (hopefully sooner than later) because we don't have a dishwasher or microwave or much counter space.


You might remember that pine cabinet we snagged from the firehouse auction. The pine color just did not go well with the style of our home, so I found some paint and went to work on an antiquing project. I love how it turned out! I also made the letters above the sink to match.


One thing we discovered about old homes is the difficulty of hanging items on the wall. We have some beautiful mirrors and nice frames that we would love to hang along with window treatments for the bedroom but unfortunately the walls seems to be made of titanium and we haven't risked chipping away at them. That means that our bedroom looks exactly the same with the addition of a bed and a rug. Our "guest" room has sadly been converted into a walk-in closet due to the incredible lack of closet space. So, no pictures of those.

No comments: