Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Crossing


I can’t believe that the last time I updated this thing was the week we went to Puerto Rico. I’d like to say that it was because we have been oh so busy leading our adventurous lives but really, it’s just been a boring few weeks.

Three of the last four weeks of the cruise were all charters. It was nice to have so many kids and younger adults on board. Its amazing how much more quickly the flow of traffic through the ship moves when the guests are not predominately an average age of 80 (I’m not exaggerating. That’s really the average age.). The only pictures we took were some farewell shots of Half Moon Cay. It’s such a pretty spot and we’ll miss it until we see it again in November.


Then came our crossing to Europe. Six days in a row of sea days is one of the least exciting ways to spend a week that I can think of but thankfully due to an hour time change a day the week went by pretty quickly. Ron has been in cast changeover and has been extra busy and I kept occupied with a couple of books. (For my bookish friends who ask for my latest reads: Save Me by Lisa Scottoline was an easy read but unnervingly dumb and flat. Alexander Pushkin’s Eugene Onegin is perfection in prose but I’m a little biased because I really like Russian lit. I am now reading The Murder’s Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers. I like it pretty well. I hope she writes more books, this being her debut novella, because I find her style very enjoyable!)

In the upcoming weeks I will probably write the blog as we go along and then post them a few at a time as we find internet. I’ll separate them out by location so they don’t get too long or confusing. I hope you enjoy our next adventures as much as we plan to!

No comments: